jueves, 18 de abril de 2019

Why the photography?

Hi. today I would like to tell you why I'm studying visual arts, specically Photography.
Well, I've always liked to see the family album, including photos of my parents when they were young,
and I was wondering: how those photos were made?
I learned how to use an analog camera. I studied photography concepts that I allowed me to learn how to use light.
My first steps in the dark room were with the black and white photography developing process, using a photo enlanger and developing chemicals. That's where all the magic was. It was very exciting, I saw my first photo in black and white of 30 x 40, made by me.
Nowadays, photography has another sense, because, now, I have to find answers through the image and make other people feel new experiences of perception.

     
   Nowadays Santiago is full of high buildings, the Basilica of the Sacramentinos does not stand out already in the urban scenery ( I took this photo from a 6th floor in Bulnes Avenue and developed it in my darkroom).


2 comentarios:

  1. I think as well that the world of analog photography is full of magic, especially the part of technics.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. As your partner i love that your photography has so much to do with your personal relationships, like your family album and your son scars.

    ResponderEliminar

A film 2001

Hedwig and the angry inch 2001 USA I believe that I like cinema as much as photography, in 2005 I watched a film that surpris...